Whew...Friday...
...thank God.
Although, I've got to admit. Friday isn't exactly what it used to be. My senior year and a half of college I was taking 18 hours of credit, editor of the newspaper, teaching classes, and packing in twice as many physics classes as any human ought. During that time I decided that I would take friday off. From ~1-2 until I went to bed I would do nothing work-related. This was a pretty strict edict, and the result was that I could work freely the rest of the week, knowing I'd have some free time on Friday.
I kept that policy to some degree in graduate school. I would try to knock off early to play basketball and then not work at home on Friday nights. But during crunch times (before writtens, orals, defense, in the summer) I really didn't obey that at all: I wouldn't have gotten enough done if I'd taken off a whole afternoon.
Now I'm a postdoc, and I actually take my evenings off (for the most part). But today, today I'm re-instituting the Friday policy, only at 3 30 instead of 1; and I've got to check my experiments at 9 30. Oh, and my graduate school forms got all fucked up so I'll have to work on that. Oh, and I've got to figure out what I'm going to do tomorrow when 90 daphnia neonates are ready to be exposed to 'chemical x' (I gotta figure out the x). Oh, and I...
...nevermind. I guess I'm just going to go play video games for an hour before I come back to work.
Did I mention that my wife is in Denver to see her brother graduate?
Other stuff:
- An courtesy of my buddy M from Da-Bend, I present to you visual evidence of Alton Brown betray-...no...selling-out...no...paying for his daughter's college tuition. See. I'm not a liar.
- Did anyone hear that Allen Iverson is going to be traded? (I swear, every single NBA blog I read has written 10 articles about this in the past week. Seriously, it's almost as if the most exciting, dynamic, unique and interesting player were about to switch teams. So far, I haven't read about how anybody doesn't want him.)
- And that's all I've got today...I'm going to go play Halo.
No comments:
Post a Comment