Twisting
Those of you who think my musical taste is awesome, allow me to further that perception:
Frightened Rabbit Twist (link goes to NPR's site, scroll down to the Frightened Rabbit song).
Blitzen Trapper "Black River Killer" (...you'll have to search the NPR site)
Weight loss frustrations:
Halfway to goal #1, and I'm stuck. I'm mostly stuck because every weekend I completely ignore the whole 'eat healthy' thing, and then I spend the week making up for it. I think I'm going to have to go anti-social for a few weeks to get moving in the right direction again.
The Sickness:
Lyme disease...or maybe a brown recluse bite? Not sure, but I had a huge knot on my lower back from some kind of bite. I'm on antibiotics because the doctors thought it might be lyme.
NBA:
Can anyone see the Mavs pushing past the Nuggets? Dirk's gotta play better, if that's possible, but the bigger problem is that Denver has depth and Chauncy Billups. The Mavs have just 1 'traditional' big-man. How ugly is this team without Dampier? The sad thing is that Dirk has never, in his entire career, played better than he has this year. And his best teammate is a 400-year old Jason Kidd. Yikes
Is anyone else suddenly wondering if the Rockets are a lot better than we thought? I'm looking at this matchup with the Lakers and I'm doing a little bit of a double-take. Who's winning the point guard battle here? The Rockets right? Would you take Yao and Scola and Landry or Gasol, Bynum, and Odum? I mean...the Rockets are winning that aren't they? It's at least a push. And then, you're talking about Ariza and Bryant against Battier and Artest. That doesn't seem quite as one-sided when you consider how well Battier and Artest have done against Kobe in the past. Am I missing something....don't the Rockets have a significant advantage in terms of personnel? The biggest problem I see is on the offensive end, where Ron Artest is fully capable of killing his team by shooting the ball like an idiot.
As for the East...That was a cute Bulls-Celtics series, and for the record, 5 of those games were better than ANY CONTEST in the entire season of college hoops, but ultimately, that Boston team is going to get destroyed by the Magic. And I can't see anyone beating the Cavs at all...maybe not a single game. If LeBron wins it all this year I'm inducting him into the All-Time team. My All-Time team reads like this:
Starters:
Magic
Jordan
Bird
Duncan
Russel
Subs:
Wilt
Zeke
Shaq
Dr. J
Kareem
LeBron
Oscar Robertson
Doesn't that seem like we're leaving out a lot of great players? Because the All-Time team has 12 roster spots...that's all. Honestly, I have a hard time leaving The Dream off of there, as well as the Mailman. And Kobe? I'm not even sure he's the first SG that's not on the list (Jerry West, Pistol Pete, Walt Frazier?). But if LeBron dominates the playoffs the way he dominated the regular season, he's officially knocking The Dream off my list, and making this team a little more balanced. And that's your starting spot he's got his eye on Legend.
No comments:
Post a Comment