The List...
...of topics I have to talk about is pretty ridiculous. Let me just put it down here so I can remember it, because I'm sure it is already somewhat forgotten:
- The Blizzard of '06. When I tell young children about this blizzard in 30 years you're going to hear phrases like: "33 inches of snow", "shot 50 rabbits", "trapped for 5 days", and "Western Kansas sucks". Of course, the rest of the description is going to change a lot, so if you happen to be there and listening to me when I tell this story, be sure and nod knowingly as I embellish the following short account:
- Book reviews: Yes, you are all going to hear about Chuck Klosterman's Killing Yourself to Live, Christopher Moore's Practical Demonkeeping, Jack McCallum's :07 seconds or less, and Freakonomics by Levitt and Dubner. These books were all fantastic, but in one word I can refer to them as invigorating, funny, expected and pretentious (respectively).
- Rabbits and the killing thereof: Ok, yes. I shot some living animals. This will require some discussion on my part.
- Christmas goodies: Including a cast iron dutch oven and a blender.
- EGGSLAP (just wait for it)
- Stories about 3 cats.
- College Football: What a great Boise State v. Oklahoma game! And yes, I was rooting for Boise State, are you kidding? Boise State should have been playing for the championship! I mean, they would have lost, but I don't honestly believe Ohio State can be beaten right now. I certainly think Florida will get trounced.
- NBA: I'm getting mixed feelings about the Nuggets and AI. I watched a Nuggets game over the break, and frankly the team looked like the SixersEast. Iverson makes good passes and takes good shots. He also breaks down defenses on penetration. What he doesn't do is keep the ball moving on offense. He gets it and he holds it too long. Maybe this will change when Melo and JR Smith are back on the floor.
- My sister is having a kid! That was the other news from the other day. That means I'm going to be an Uncle, and having had a great group of Uncles myself, I plan on taking that responsibility pretty seriously. I can't wait to corrupt my sister's offspring with forbidden games/music/memes. Yes!
- I've forgotten what else was supposed to go on this list. Nevertheless, expect some weird and wacky posts over the next week as I expunge all the built up thoughts in my head onto you, an unsuspecting public.
No comments:
Post a Comment