Good lord...
My biggest fear that is child related is that I am bringing someone into the world that is going to have to go through the absolute hell of moral depravity and idiocy that is childhood. For some reason, this country is filled with idiots who think that 'children are innocent' and 'cute'. Seriously? No, really, seriously? When you say that, all I can hear is you saying: I'm too old to remember. I'm about to turn 30, and I sure haven't forgotten. Kids, in general, are pretty much the moral equivalent of dog shit, and that's pretty much how 95% of them treat 'weird kids'.
The reality is that this is 100% encouraged by teachers, principals, and other adults in the school system. I can't tell you the number of bullies and scumbags who got 2nd, 3rd, 4th chances when I was growing up, just because the kids they were picking on were somehow weird. And yes, of course, I was one of the weird ones. I don't really know why adults (teachers) allow this kind of stuff to happen, but I assume it is because they are around it all the time. I mean, stories like this are way too commonplace. There's no defense for this kind of behavior. As a group (there are exceptions) I trust school teachers about as much as I trust Republicans.
There a lot of nights I spend lying awake and thinking about this and worrying like hell about what my son is going to have to go through. I really can't think of anything to do about it.
1 comment:
Just remember, that no matter what "most" people turn out alright, even you! :-)
Post a Comment