Sunday, November 05, 2006

It is Sunday morning.

Well, another beautiful day in sunny southern Oklahoma.

I really need to get my fishing pole down here.

We managed to eat out twice in a week. That seems like a lot when you have to drive half an hour to get to where we ate out. But I think we've got enough groceries to keep from going anywhere major for most of this week. I'd like to get the driving down to 1 (or less) trip a week.

Neat little website where you can calculate your 'environmental' footprint. Some of the assumptions seem a little weird, and it was pretty discouraging to find that if everyone lived like me we'd need 3.5 planet Earths. And I'm WAY below the average for U.S. citizens.

Interestingly enough, as a U.S. citizen you cannot, according to this quiz, lower your impact to a sustainable level. That's because the government (whose decisions are in part your responsibility) is consuming a ton of resources, no matter what your personal decisions might be.

Other thoughts:

-- I know it is NBA related, but this is amazing. The subject of the article is a service where you look for things like "Shaq inside the free-throw line" and you get all the video clips of times Shaq touches the ball when he's inside the free-throw line. Instantly! Can we get a service like this for the rest of life? I'd like to be able to type in "George Bush saying 'Stay the course'", and get 50 video clips of him saying that capped off by the interview last week where he claims "We never said 'stay the course'". Or maybe something where we can splice together all the occasions where elected officials make complete asses of themselves.
I guess there probably isn't that much disk space.

--Oh, a list of fun and amusing webcomic strips I've seen in the past few days: VG Cats, the Diesel Sweeties, BoaSaS (and here), PBF, of course Penny Arcade (1, 2, 3), and the almost incomprehensible Bob the Angry Flower.

--Let's see if this works. Hilarious video, if you haven't already seen it.



You should really check out everything these guys have made. That is, if you're interested in laughing and happiness.

--Apparently there's some meth-crazed, sexually repressed, wackjob, evangelical preacher scandal going on (could have guessed 2/3rds of that just from 'evangelical preacher'). Whose to blame? His fat, lazy wife. Yes, you stay classly, modern evangelical movement.
As an aside, here's a description of the Ted's empire in happier days (vaguely disturbing). Is this guy in someway related to the White House? Of course!


--Does anyone else think it is weird that they are going to kill Saddam Hussein? Was there really a good reason to have a trial, in Baghdad? Isn't this the kind of thing that should be done in Geneva or something? And maybe he'd have a comfortably long time to let him fade away?

--Finally, this is kinda cool, although I'm not sure what it means (except that Bush uses the word 'terrorism' a LOT...Jefferson talked about 'debt' and 'constitution'). War, depressingly, shows up a lot.

No comments: