So about last Friday.
I spent about an hour writing a post that was supposed to go on this blog last Friday. It was all about the latest bob the angry flower cartoon, entitled "Gaps in my security" (take a look). The article was a comically serious look at the cartoon in detail. A movie review for a single comic strip.
And yes it was hilarious and poignant. Brilliant yet easy to understand.
Of course, somehow it not only didn't get posted, it got eaten. I'm not sure if it was my computer or the internet, but something swallowed that document whole and has yet to excrete it out anywhere. By the time it does reappear it will probably not be worth considering.
According to my wife, this happens to me a lot. That is, I often have things destroyed by computers because I'm an idiot. I don't even remember this, although I'm sure it hasn't happened with anything important in quite a long time.
ANYWAY:
I don't know about anyone else, but I find that getting up early in the morning makes me more productive. I don't just mean that if I get up early, I'll get more done because I'm working when no one else is (although this does happen). I also mean that I'll just get more done. I work more effectively. Even when other people show up at work, I still continue to be more effective if I've started the day at, say, 5 o'clock.
So that's what I've been doing. The difference is so stark that I hesitate to dwell on it. I mean, last Friday I decided to work from home, and since I'd gotten most of what I needed to get done for the week finished by Thursday, I opted to sleep in until 7. Big mistake. Not only did I end up sleeping until 8, but when I finally got up I felt like half the day was gone already, and my brain felt all muddy. I managed to finish the last project I had for the week by noon, and then my brain just shut down in the afternoon, and I even ended up sleeping for another 3 hours.
I always feel like that when I've slept too long. Why is that? Does the slight stress of getting just a little too little sleep keep me sharp?
ON another note:
I've always played a lot of video games, but lately I'm running out of interest. I continue to play, but it is almost like a habit. I'm not really sure what I'm getting out of it right now, more like I'm just too bored to do anything else. I've started the Page-A-Day project, but I missed yesterday, so that's already a little derailed. Other than that, and work, I really have no hobbies right now (except reading). I certainly don't have any hobbies that let me rest my eyes.
Apparently video games are just losing their appeal. Well, what the hell am I supposed to do now?
No comments:
Post a Comment