Thursday, August 10, 2006

And what have we here:

Ahh, back from the absolutely stunningly hot Oklahoma-Texas border. While there I sweated, got extremely ill, and got pretty excited about future research possibilities. And I just realized my list of project ideas was written down in the car and I haven't seen it since...I better go look for that.

Nothing in particular today, just some ideas, thoughts and plans:

1. Let's just say we have been cleaning (out) our house for the past two weeks. As it turns out, I now know exactly what I don't need anymore of because I've thrown away or given away a lot of stuff: books (other than those by Terry Prachett or Stephen Baxter), long sleeved shirts, shirts that don't fit, books, socks that fit weird, torn-up shirts, garden planters, original Nintendo games, and books. Let's just say that if my house was a country, and books were a commodity, then we just flooded the market with excess product. I had twenty odd editions of the Guiness Book of World Records. If you were in the market for a new sci-fi book last weekend and happened to stop by the church's rummage sale...well, you probably wet yourself. From now on: libraries!

2. The Page A Day project. Over the upcoming weekend I am putting together another blog. This one will be called "Page A Day" and will be me writing books one page at a time. I have always wanted to write one book in particular, and I've never gotten further than a couple of chapters. Hopefully by putting this up on the web for everyone to see, I will be too embarassed to not finish. I'm going to come up with the outline this weekend and the format. I'll include a link from here once I do, and once the story-line gets interesting I think I'll even advertise it (only costs 5 bucks to post an ad on Fark).

3. And yes, I've accepted a job at Lake Texoma. With a little bit of hard work and luck I'll be there in November.

4. NBA: Ok...I'm at a loss. I don't know how I missed this. Did Team USA really put together a group of players exactly like the previous three teams that just sucked? Yes. Yes they did. I'm not sure this particular collection of players would be able to stay within 50 points of the Dream Team.

5. There were other things floating around in my head this morning, but apparently they won't crystalize into words.

6. Oh yeah, the Food Project is on hold (probably the only thing people have actually asked me about). While we're trying to sell the house we've been emptying things, as a result our kitchen has alternated between staging area and desert. The cooking has been dramatically cut back and a fair number of our pots pans and dishes are packed up. So for now, the Food Project is on hold. We will resume it once we get the house cleaned and/or we move.

No comments: