Friday, March 27, 2009

Liveblogging OU-'Cuse and KU-MSU

This is while I'm cooking and listening to the audio, because the online video is too damned slow.  


I think we're about 5-6 minutes into the OU-Syracuse game right now.  OU playing shockingly well early.  Syracuse looks flat.

I don't want a five-dollar footlong...subway you jerks...I'm trying to lose weight here.

I just realized PJ Carelismo is announcing here.   He's announcing an Oklahoma game...that's ridiculous.  

Both Griffin brothers on the bench?  Why would you ever allow that to happen.

Just saw the score of the Louisville Arizona game...yeah...that's shocking /sarcasm.

Wow...what a free throw there.  Who is that guy for Syracuse?

Syracuse...sloppy.  Don't they realize this could be Boeheim's 800th win?

Apparently I missed something awesome...Baby emergency.

Ohhh...Oklahoma just lost focus.  Couple of turnovers...bad D.

Griffin with a very weird looking pivot move.

17-18 OU up.  Syracuse looking like a team on a misson again.  

Baby Alert!  The boy just took a lap through the kitchen waving a kitchen towel and laughing hysterically.  Fortunately this was during a timeout, so I was able to chase him back into the living room.  

Weather Alert!  10 inches of snow and counting...in less than 10 hours.  Two weeks ago it was 80 degrees, and last weekend it was 75.  Living on the plains is exhilarating.  You know you're alive when you go from planting your garden to "ThunderSnow" within a week.

Warren plays so timid when Blake Griffin is in the lineup.  You would never believe this is a guy who almost single-handily beat Kansas.  

Ooohhh...not a great possession there...weird passing scheme by 'Cuse.  Don't they practice against the zone all the time?  

No easy baskets falling for OU, but they are getting a ton of extra chances.    

I think my Syracuse-loving-friend said something about a guy named Flynn who was amazing on this Syracuse team....I've heard the name, but nobody on 'Cuse is looking that good right now.  Nobody on OU either, except for maybe Griffin, who seems to be racking up stats.

This is a great game so far.  

Syracuse is going to have to  make a shot at some point, right?

Warren, finally.  

How many open 3's can Syracuse clank?  

Oh...THAT's Flynn?  Whoo!  

Wow...Routins?  Was that the name I just heard...great play.

Bufferring...damnit!  Every time it goes to bufferring, I end up getting kicked back to the commercials.  I'm probably ten minutes behind real-time here.  

What?  OU just scored 5 points while this was 'buffering'!  This better not happen for the KU game.

Yeah yeah yeah....The Big East is the premier league this year.  Fine.  I still think the Big 12 got the shaft all year long.  

Oh and Flynn is down...yikes...

Bufferring...

Wow...really?  A 13 point lead at the half?   I expected that from Mizzou against Memphis, but OU?  

And to continue my point, I'm now convinced that the Big East is league numero uno this year, but I definitely feel like the Big 12 got the shaft, and I think we're seeing that play out.  None of the Big 12 teams have embarassed themselves in this tournament (none lost in the first, for instance), and the 5th best team in the Big 12 took Pitt right down to the wire in the second round.  Now, I just think the Big 12 was the #2 conference.

The half-time show is talking about Syracuse going to a man-t0-man against Griffin...uh...I doubt that's going to help.  Unless you're just going to double immediately.

Did I mention my XBox is dying?  So sad...I might have to buy a current generation console....

Trying to lose weight, using a weird recipe to make chocolate muffins...4 teaspoons of butter.  teaspoons?  How do you even measure butter in teaspoons?  

Wow...that Flynn injury looked bad.   If he hadn't been in the game in half number 1, the Syracuse would be gone right now.  

That has to be the best story-line imaginable:  Syracuse come back from 13 down behind injuried Johnny Flynn.    This feels like a weak 13 point lead...of course as soon as I write that, OU scored 4 quick.

Syracuse has come out incredibly flat here...yikes.

My audio is just about 1 second ahead of the visual.  So I hear the announcers say things like "And it falls!" just before a ridiculous move by Taylor.  

Flynn doesn't look good.

Wow...this is getting out of hand.

Muffins are in the oven!

Austin Johnson!  Wow!  What a block!

Somebody needs a hug...so I guess I'm done with this for now...

The announcers keep talking about the beatdown by Louisville in the other game...but this is looking just about as bad here...27 pts down, and just 29 points after 35 minutes in the game by 'cuse?

Okay, wife came up and took over the boy.  Turns out it is 11 inches of snow by 3 o'clock...it started snowing at 10 30-ish.

OU is just bitch-smacking Syracuse right now.  

Flynn is looking better now, I wonder if his back is loosening up as the half goes on.  

Oh, and now Syracuse hits a three.

Syracuse starting to show some signs of life with Flynn looking a little better...and man my muffins smell great!

Flynn...no...Blake Griffin...yes...Flynn tried to get showy when his team is down 20.  Not a good idea.  

Did anyone see that game earlier in the tournament where Blake Griffin jumped so high that his elbows were above the rim and he dunked like I would dunk my laundry into the washing machine?  That was maybe the most raw athletic move I've seen in the NCAA's this year. 

Amway...now you know!

The National Association of Realtors commercials are hilarious.  For the last 5 years, they've put out the same message:  Now is a great time to purchase a home!  Contact a Realtor today!  The new ones, with the family literally, sitting on the fence in front of a McMansion.

OU's Davis is actually going to be really good someday soon. 

Couple of threes there...too little too late?  Yes.

Weelllll.....maybe not. .  15 points with 6 minutes...oh... nice shot by Johnson.

Hesitation move by Griffin.  Maybe he's better than I think...a lot better.  So far I'm 0-3 with evaluating top tier talent from Big 12 teams.  I thought Durant was crap, Beasley was amazing, and Griffin was mediocre.  Turns out i suck.

14 point lead with 5 minutes left...And this game better get over before KU starts.

Buffering!!! DAMN!!

Steal!  Syracuse needs to score right here.  No....oh and Griffin finally messed up a breakaway.

"What's wrong, son?"  "Humoanompfh"

Well, 16 with 3 35 to go...I think this one's over.  And an offensive rebound....and a steal off a missed shot.  

Did Griffin just bash his head on the rim???  Awkward exclamation point....maybe a little more enthusiasm than smarts right there.  Oh...he actually hit the backboard with his head.  How often does that happen?

We spend 5 years in Northern Indiana and although there was 1 big blizzard while we were there, we missed it over a Christmas break.  We come 8 hours south, and in 3 years we've had 2 huge and amazing blizards.  

Let's see...of the 6 teams currently in the Elite 8, 4 from the Big East, 2 from the Big 12.  I'm thinking the Big 12 is validating my belief that they were above average this year.  Of course, there's a possibility that Mizzou and OU lose their coaches after this season (both have been talked about pretty strongly for other jobs).  

Well, that's actually going to be it.  I'm going to get on the exercise bike and watch the KU game from there, so no typing.  Rock Chaulk Jayhawk KU!!!

No comments: