Thursday, January 08, 2009

Weekly Report # 8?

A cold breeze swept in off the ocean, carrying the smell of salt water and seaweed.  The funeral pyre burned defiantly in the darkness.  Silently, the Vikings rowed away from the shore.


Minnow Report:

She's on the farm.  She's staying there.  She's happy...what am I supposed to do?


The Kid Report:

Very mom-clingy.  Very desirous of green vegetables.  


College Football:

People take this way too seriously.


Cool Sciency Video:



Old Lady Drivers:

Pick a damned speed.  If I have to deal with one more white-haired lady driving a boat down the highway at 55 going up hill and 75 going down hill I may invest in car-mounted firearms.  Seriously, clean your funny shades and learn to use the cruise control.


Cooking Lamb:

We have the lamb, we have the bison.  This is all very confusing.  One half of the bison had ~95 or so pounds of ground, the other 55.  Wha-?  Anyway, we cooked some lamb chops last night.  Eh...tasted just like steak.  I don't really like steak.  Of course, i didn't really do anything with it.  I'll have to get a little more creative.  And damn, there's a lot of fat in lamb.  I can't shake the feeling that this whole 'purchase meat direct' thing was big mistake.


Musical Lemonade:

Lemonade is refreshing, like drinking spring.  Oddly enough, I think Colbie Callet's music is the same.


Weird:

I drove by a Wendy's sign today that said "Closed:  Remodeling."  The Wendy's in question had been completely destroyed, even the foundation had been ripped out.  Yes...remodeling.


Baseball is so dumb:

I was listening to sports radio on my drive today, and they were talking to someone who was drafted in the 31st round.  The 31st round.  They have, at least, 31 rounds in their annual draft.  And this guy got a $300,000 signing bonus.  REALLY??  In case you didn't know it, there are 50 rounds in the MLB draft and 1500 players taken.


Last of the Mohicans:

Heard the theme song today...forgot how cool it was.

1 comment:

Mikeropod said...

I used to get taken to swim practice by a fellow swimmer's mom. She listened to that tape over and over. That was all she listened to in the car. So yes, I can appreciate its pretty awesome...but like Blues Traveler's "Run Around," its completely ruined for me.