Moving day and other nonsense
In exactly 1 week we take possession of our new house. What? I
haven't mentioned we bought a house? I'm sure I must have mentioned
it at some point. The real point is that we're moving into a
4-bedroom, 2 bathroom house that is about a 3-4 minute drive from
work, (as opposed to my current 1 hr 15 min drive). I can't put into
words how great it will be to get two hours of my life back.
I think it will be pretty funny too, because we've got enough stuff to
fill a 2-bedroom apartment, or even the main floor of a 2-bedroom
house, but a 4-bedroom house (and a fully finished basement)?
No....there's going to be a lot of open space, which is beautiful!!
Have I mentioned the kitchen? Let me mention the kitchen here. I'm
not going to say it is the most amazing kitchen I've ever cooked in (I
took a class in a restaurant once and my parents have a huge kitchen),
but it is so much nicer than any kitchen we've had previously that we
are both a little flabbergasted. For instance: There's a pantry!
We've never had a pantry before! The kitchen has a huge amount of
counter space, a huge number of cabinets, a big open area you could
set up a little table in, and, I can't emphasize the amazingness of
this enough: A PANTRY!!! You know, a location dedicated to the
storage of food and stuff. Separate from the cabinets for the storage
of plates/dishes/pots/pans/etc!
See _world_, this is how your treachery has reduced me. When I was a
child I dreamed of ruling the universe, of unifying quantum physics
and relativity, of curing the world's energy crisis. Now I am
borderline giddy at the prospect of a shorter commute and a pantry.
Of course, once I've gotten that pantry issue taken care of....look
out _world_....just what do you think I plan on doing with my extra 2
hours a day!
2 comments:
Shhh! Enough about the kitchen already. You're gonna be the cause of my wife strangling me when she reads it, again!
/secretly happy for you though
So when is the big housewarming (keg) party?
Post a Comment