Christmas 2007
Well, we traveled west for Christmas this year, to the very edge of existence. A place where the internet is either absent entirely or runs slowly, a place where the coyotes outnumber the people. A place where darkness is really, truly dark. That's right, we went back to the scene of the crime (anyone else remember being trapped for 5 nights in a blizzard last year?).
This year there was no blizzard, which almost qualifies as evidence for a divine ruler. Fortunately, there was also a tiny revelation in the form of the Nintendo DS. Pretty damned awesome, and, for the record, I despise hand-held games. Still I did my part to try to save a certain princess from the forces of evil, even if said princess appeared to be dumber than a box of rocks (sure Zelda, just jump into the evil Ghost Ship...really). The fact that I failed had more to do with the fact that other people wanted to play the DS (those selfish jerks!) than any lack of skill on my part. Oh, and thanks to DC for bringing the games!
The baby got spoiled. And I mean it in a bad way. Today my son spent the entire day throwing a fit if he wasn't being held. I'm not sure the baby's butt hit the floor (bed, etc..) for more than half an hour when he was awake for the entire 5 days we were out there. Anytime he got mad, someone swept in and picked him up.
My philosophy: You gotta let the kid whine a little to even see if he's serious. Half the time he's just making noise to hear himself.
Anyway, we got blessedly few presents, and one of the ones we did get was an electric vibrating chair cover. Which pretty much means I'm going to have to hurt my back so that I can justify using the thing nightly for the next, oh, six months or so.
I also got Tequila...awesome.
And K, I see you got a Wii. I'm going to use that as justification for us getting one: "But dear wife, we can't fall behind K-man on the technology curve!"
1 comment:
Vibrating chair cover huh? Well, to qualify to use that for the next six months, you need an injury (as you said). My suggestion: Go out and play some basketball. I'm sure you'll hurt yourself before you hit 5 points, because the quality of your game has dropped so much since leaving ND. But that's just my suggestion...
Post a Comment