How are you feeling?
I have a hard time describing my wife metaphorically these days. She
grabs sleep when she can, will go with any stopgap measure to slow
down Alton's crying, is up to her arms in dirty diapers, and takes
fifteen minutes to get ready before we go anywhere.
At the same time, she's singlehandedly making sure our health
insurance, car insurance, car payments, bills, housing, cooking, and
cleaning is all happening. Without her, we'd have been bankrupt
months ago, and I wouldn't be able to find clothes to wear every
morning.
Honestly I have no idea what other job requires this kind of
dedication and all-encompassing commitment. I mean, I am having a
really hard time getting my sleep schedule regular enough that I can
function like a human, but I'm hardly doing anything. My wife is even
managing _my_ sleep by taking the baby out of the room when he starts
to fuss so that I don't get woken up that often. I try to help out
at night, but I kinda hit a wall Sunday night and since then I've just
wanted to sleep for the last three days. I don't mean, "I wanted to
sleep for three days straight", I mean "Every single minute I've been
awake for the last three days, I wished I was asleep." But at least I
CAN get some real sleep.
I have no idea how my wife does it.
Right now, even after a really good night's sleep last night, I feel
exhausted. I also feel like work is getting a little overwhelming,
but that might just be because I'm getting flak from engineers who are
upset with "delays."
At any rate, I spent Tuesday getting yelled at by 4th and 5th graders
who really wanted to see the crayfish again. I swear kids, they are
everywhere, find your own when you go home!
No comments:
Post a Comment