Oh...really...
Here's a new experience some of you might not have had yet.
Naming a beneficiary for your life insurance policy.
I imagine anyone with kids has done this. I imagine most people
without kids haven't.
I haven't. Or rather, I hadn't until now.
I don't actually have a child yet, of course, but I will within weeks,
and if I am smote down while fighting the real-world equivalent of
Lord Voldemort, I'd hope that my lightning-scarred child wouldn't need
to beg hand-me-downs from the equivalent of the Weasleys (bless their
souls).
Eventually this lead to wife and I talking about the terrible
possibility that we could BOTH be struck down whilst defying
Voldemort's real-world equivalent. Who would we want to raise our
child?
Certainly not my estranged sister who openly loathes me. Which is
good, because I don't have an estranged sister who openly loathes me.
I do think that, generally speaking, family is better than not-family
(mostly because holidays would be a mess!). And so we talked about
our siblings. We talked about our friends.
This was definitely the weirdest conversation I'd ever had.
I hope the real-world equivalent of Lord Voldemort remains, as he has
been to this point, to terrified of me to reveal himself.
No comments:
Post a Comment