Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Writing and blogging and something

So I'm trying to not write so much about depressing stuff. Someone recently referred to my blog as an "emotional roller coaster". Frankly, I don't know what to think about that, but I'd like to hear this blog described as "moderately informative" and "not suicide-inducing."

Which is why I now share with you the sum total of the positive, work-related feedback that I've received during the past few weeks (since, say, April). You know, to demonstrate that I'm not a complete failure.

Dear Dr. XXXXXX,

Thank you very much for your review of manuscript "XXXXX".

We greatly appreciate your assistance.

With kind regards,
Journals Editorial Office
Springer

Hmm. Roller coaster probably isn't the right word is it?

Other stuff:

- For some utterly incomprehensible reason, I've been playing this game about an hour a day. In fact, after finding that link I was 'forced' to play it for about twenty minutes just now.

- I went fishing this weekend. I should set this up a little better:
When I was a kid (grade-school, middle school) I was, in all humbleness, the greatest fisherman I knew. I could damn near catch anything with any kind of bait. I mean it. I caught carp, catfish, crappie, bluegill, green sunfish, walleye, largemouth bass, white bass, whiper (striped bass, white bass hybrid), and smallmouth bass using a little yellow jig from a lake that no one knew even had walleye and smallmouth. All in one summer. From the shoreline.
As I've gotten older, I've gotten worse. In my freshman year of high-school Star Trek 'Next Generation' went off the air, so I began having a social life that didn't revolve around Tasha Yar and Wesley Crusher. That social life meant that I spent more time going to movies and chasing girls than fishing.
But all I had to do was pick up a pole and I'd still be able to at least catch some fish.
This weekend I went back to the very lake that was the site of so many of my fishing conquests. What happened?
I caught 1 fish.
1.
Uno.
Singular.
I'm going to have to figure out how to fish again, aren't I?

- Want to drive yourself insane? Try this 'impossible' quiz. I have to admit, I failed miserably.

- The NBA Finals: Really? The excellence that was the Western Conference playoffs has lead to this pathetic show? If I were, in any way, associated with the NBA, I'd be looking for a new job.

No comments: