Saturday, October 14, 2006

And maybe I'm back.

Wow, it has been a long time since I've posted something. Let's go through some items here:

1. Been on the road for the last week. Move my stuff from my house to my parent's garage (cuz I don't have anywhere to put it in Texoma yet), then went my sister-in-law's wedding, then moved my wife down to Texoma, and then came back to Indiana. Whew. 2800 miles in less than a week by car, plane and bus. Exhausting.

2. Yes, the cat and I are in Indiana alone, with no furniture, T.V., computer, or anything. And since the cat was abandoned for a week, she can't get enough lovin. When I'm in the house she can't stop rubbing up against my legs and purring. Poor baby. And I think we're going to have to send her to the in-law's house for awhile while we find somewhere to live in Texoma that allows cats.

3. My dissertation is done, which means that basically all I've got left to do to get my Ph.D. is actually defend the dissertation. I hope to hell that goes smoothly. That takes place at 1 30 on October 27th, and with any luck I'll pass.

4. I haven't been cooking much, and to be honest its driving me crazy. I want a kitchen like on Iron Chef. If we buy a house, we're rebuilding the kitchen to include everything!

5. NBA: The over-unders are now posted in various places. Yes, I'll be posting my NBA preview soon.

6. I'm back in the hunt for a car, but I'm not entirely sure it is going to happen this time either. Unless the wife get's a job, or our house finally sells, we're not going to have the financial freedom to do much of anything. Hopefully one or both of those things will happen soon.

7. In two weeks I will not have access to Thai food from a resturant. That, my friends, is a sad, sad fact that has not left my mind. Oh drunken noodles, how I will miss you!

8. The novel-writing has resumed. Right now I'm doing 2 pages a day, instead of 1, to make up for the two weeks I missed while finishing my dissertation and doing all this traveling. The book is coming along nicely, although I think I'll have to re-write large sections of everything to make it work a little better. I'm a little worried I may end up with more of a novella than a novel. We'll see.

9. And that's all I've got right now. I wrote a bunch of poems last week, and I might post some later. We'll see.

No comments: